AFTER MASSAGE CARE ADVICE - MASSAGE TREATMENT
To get the most out of received treatment you should:
1. Drink plenty of water - to help flush out the toxins that just have been released from the
2. Avoid alcohol or any other stimulants (and that''s include drugs, tea, coffee) for at least 12 h
after the treatment they will de-hydrate you
3. Rest after the treatment - to allow the body to heal and settle. Gentle walkig recommended.
4. Only eat a light meal (possibly healthy one - vegetarian, vegan)
What After Effects May Occur?
Illnesses and diseases that have been suppressed with medication or held emotions may surface during treatment. A contra-action is a normal reaction to the treatment especially if the receiver has never had a treatment before or if the body is very stressed.
This healing crisis means a positive result of the treatment as massage makes all body systems to function more efficiently, speeding up waste removal and the elimination of toxins as well as getting rid of negative deep-held emotions.
With regular treatments and as a body starts to heal and re-balance. These after-effects will
Typical contra-actions may include:
Tiredness due to release of toxins encouraged by the treatment and the initiation of healing energies, which require the body to rest
Muscular ache and/or headaches the nerve fibers responding to the deep work undertaken
Heightened emotional state due to the positive release of deep-held feelings and emotions
Frequent urination due to stimulation of the lymphatic system
Changed sleep patterns you can fall asleep during the treatment, your body-clock may change
Active bowels all body systems, including the digestive one, will work better
Spots may occur released toxins and hormones may surface through the skin, especially if you previously suppressed your skin condition
Your possible contra-actions symptoms you experience are absolutely normal and will subside within 12 hours.
CONTRA - INDICATIONS OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE
Because our massage is given for the purpose of relaxation and support. It is very unlikely that your medical condition will disqualify you from receiving it. The strokes will be always within your comfort.
Who Should Avoid This Therapy?
There are several conditions when massage is totally contra-indicated. Massage should not be performed at all:
1. Contagious and infectious skin conditions and diseases (like impetigo)
2. Under influence of alcohol and/or drugs (at least 12h before and after the treatment nothing
3. Fever and/or flu, have temperature
4. When you generally don''t feel well, extremely weak, clinically exhausted.
Some conditions require medical approval if you suffer from any of the following conditions - speak to your doctor first:
1. Hart or circulatory conditions, high or low blood pressure
6. Kidney infections/disorders OR any other ailments of the internal organs
7. Nervous or psychotic conditions, epilepsy
8. AIDS or HIV
Local contra-indications (massage can be performed over the rest of the body):
1. Bruising, inflammation, pain, cuts, abrasions, sunburns, scar tissue, tenderness, oedema,
allergies/skin sensitivities, excessive sweating, hernia,
2. Recent fractures, strains or sprains
3. Major or minor surgery (within the last 18 months)
4. Areas of localised contagious skin disorders (like verucca, athletes foot, psoriasis, eczema,
5. Varicose veins
6. The abdomen during the first 3 months of pregnancy
Tell your therapist if you have active or swollen arthritis.
Remember prevention is better than cure. Once you show signs of improvement we will continue to work with you to keep harmony and balance already achieved. A regular treatment, depending on your timetable, will stop future stress accumulating.
We encourage you to have regular treatments to prevent illness and maintain a state of well being email
Call me NOW on 0771 6343574